Egg Donation Process
As ARR was the first egg donation agency in Illinois and one of the first in the nation, we have a tried and true approach. This principled approach is guided by the standards we have set in ethics and honesty with both our donors and our intended parents. From the moment you decide to work with us, we advocate for you. Our past and present donors can all attest to the attention paid to them by our caring staff not only in the office, but at the fertility centers, and lawyer's offices. All these teams working together to advocate for you leads to the best medical and legal representation in the field.
Once you have decided that egg donation is something you would like to pursue, there is a set process through which we guide every donor. The process usually proceeds as follows:
- You create a login on our website and fill out our prescreen application which gives a brief overview of who you are and your medical history, our donor coordinator will contact youl to review this application with you.
- Once you have been approved to move on from the prescreen application, we ask you to go to your extended family and ask them in detail about their health history. We send you a list of medical conditions and questions intended to guide you. With this information, you return to our website where you found the prescreen application and fill out your second application. Our donor coordinator will contact you to review this second application.
- After we have reviewed the second application with you, we have a meeting with you either via Skype or in person, depending on your location. It is at this point the coordinator describes in detail everything that goes into donation and the commitment you will be making. She explains all the medical, legal, and matching aspects so that you may have a full understanding of the entire process.
- After the meeting, we at ARR gather all your paperwork, photos that you have approved to give us, and collect your medical records.
- You are then entered into our database where we actively match you with intended parents.