ARR follows or exceeds recommended guidelines established by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) for gestational surrogates. to ensure all ethical standards are met.
ARR surrogates must:
- Be a non-smoker
- Be between the ages of 21 and 38
- Have at least one child of her own
- Have a non-complicated obstetric history
- Have no history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Have no criminal record
- Have private health insurance
- Have had no more than 4 vaginal deliveries or 2 c-sections
- Have a stable family environment and an adequate support system
Our attorney Nidhi Desai was instrumental in creating the state statute regarding surrogacy in Illinois. As a result, Illinois has one of the most uniformly friendly surrogacy laws in the US. This allows us to facilitate and oversee the surrogacy process for both surrogates and parents with ease. Although ARR is located in Illinois, we do not have an Illinois residency requirement for surrogates. We work with women in surrogacy friendly states all over the US. ARR has longstanding relationships with fertility centers that we know give excellent care. This allows you to receive the best fertility treatment in the country and still deliver in your home state.
We are happy to answer questions regarding surrogacy. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more or if you are feel you are interested in moving forward, apply to be a surrogate today!